Matt Damon as Benjamin Mee in the movie We Bought a Zoo
It only takes 20 seconds of bravery to:
- Say “No” to an invitation you know is not right for you.
- Dial the number for a phone call you know you should make.
- Apologize to someone you have offended or wronged.
- Start the project you have been putting off.
- Get out of bed and get going.
Those first 20 seconds of commitment are the ones that take most courage, but those 20 seconds make the difference.
Is the Holy Spirit nudging you? To stop doing something? To start doing something? To reach out to someone? To share your faith? If so, let’s be insanely, embarrassingly brave! If God is asking you to be brave, He is also promising something great will come of it.
I'd love to hear about one of your "20 seconds of courage" expereinces!